Selecting the right roofing system is a huge decision for most homeowners. Given the critical role that roofs play in a home, it’s important to make sure you choose one that will protect your home for years to come. Today, asphalt shingle roofing continues to be the top choice in Naperville, Illinois, and throughout most of the United States. The roofing system was first introduced in the 1900s and has since grown to become one of the most popular styles used today.
Are you interested in learning more about asphalt shingles, why they are so popular, and how to properly maintain them? This roofing company in Naperville, Illinois is going to discuss everything you need to know below.
Why Get Asphalt Shingle Roofing?
While you have plenty of roofing options to choose from today, asphalt shingle roofing continues to be a popular choice for homeowners in Naperville, Illinois due to its many benefits, which include the following:
- Easy Installation. You can expect installation costs to be relatively low for asphalt shingles as they are easy to install. Finding a trusted roofing expert will still be best to get the job done, but the process should not be too complicated.
- Versatility. Asphalt shingles come in various shapes and sizes, making them suitable for every roof. While you might have to check some slope requirements, most homes can be covered adequately with this type of roofing.
- Cost-Effectiveness. A top benefit, and perhaps one of the most attractive to people, to asphalt shingles would be their cost. Compared to most other roofing systems, asphalt shingles are known for being cost-effective and worth the investment. When it comes to getting value for your money, you can never go wrong with this option in Naperville, Illinois.
- Energy Efficiency. On top of their affordability, asphalt shingles can also be used to create an energy-efficient roofing system in Naperville, Illinois. They come in varying tones that affect the reflectiveness against radiation, which can help keep your home cooler.
- Design Options. If you are particular about the aesthetics of your home and want to maintain its curb appeal, you will enjoy the design flexibility of using asphalt shingles. You get to choose from multiple colors, styles, and textures to match your home’s architecture and whatever theme you have in mind.
Maintaining Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles can last 15 to 30 years, but like other roofing systems, this will still depend on maintenance and exposure to elements. While they are generally known to be durable, it is important to consider that many factors — some of which are out of your control — can affect the lifespan of your shingles.
The sunlight and UV rays, as well as extreme weather conditions can be detrimental to your asphalt shingles. As such, it is important to inspect your roof regularly to ensure that it is still in good shape. If you notice any signs of damage or wear and tear, call in professionals from Naperville, Illinois, immediately to get the necessary repairs done.
Try to clean your roof at least three times a year to get rid of debris that may have accumulated through the seasons. If you spot any mold or moss, you can remove them with a soft brush and a moss remover cleaner from the hardware store.
Looking for an Asphalt Shingle Roofing Company in Naperville, Illinois?
Have you determined that an asphalt shingle roof is right for your home? If so, look no further than Prusak Roofing. As the top asphalt shingle roofing contractor in Naperville, Illinois, we offer a wide range of styles and colors to choose from. Contact us today at (708) 422-2624 to find the perfect solution to your roofing needs.