After enough time has passed, a roof replacement will eventually become necessary. This is especially true if your roof is more than twenty years old, or if a severe storm has damaged your roof. However, before you install a new roof for your home, there are several different materials you should consider. Below, this roof replacement company in Orland Park, Illinois is going to review some of the most popular roofing materials that are available.
Popular Roofing Materials in Orland Park, Illinois
- Asphalt Shingles – Asphalt shingles are made of cellulose fibers that can withstand weather disturbances. It is also the most cost-effective roofing material you will find in the market nowadays. Although it’s the most affordable material, it’s still very versatile, meaning it can enclose different angles of your roof or irregular shapes that most other roofing materials are not capable of. This roofing material is perfect if sound insulation, algae resistance, and a traditional look are important to you. Any reputable roof replacement company in Orland Park, Illinois will be able to install a high-quality asphalt shingle roof for your home.
- Rolled Roofing – Rolled roofing is a type of roofing system that’s made from asphalt-saturated materials and covered with mineral granules. Some of its selling points are that it is easy to install, and it comes with relatively affordable labor costs. It is mostly compatible with low-sloped roofs, which are common in the Orland Park area.
- Clay Roofing – Because it is made from clay, this roofing material offers longevity, fire/insect resistance, and requires less maintenance than most other materials out there. Its aesthetics are a great compliment to houses that feature a Mediterranean design. Available in several styles, your Orland Park roof replacement company can help you pick out the right look for your home.
- Corrugated Metal Roof Sheets – This roofing material provides flexibility and easy installation due to its lightweight nature. It is made up of metals such as aluminum or steel that can prevent the decomposition of the roof for several decades after the installation.
The roofing materials reviewed above can be great options for Orland Park homeowners that are working on a budget. However, if your budget is not a concern, and if you’re looking for a more high-end roofing solution, there are a few other options you may want to consider. This roof replacement company in Orland Park, Illinois is going to review them below:
High-End Roofing Materials to Consider
- Slate Roofing – Homes with slate tile roofing are often praised for their understated classic beauty. Aesthetics are one of the main reasons why homeowners choose this type of roofing system in Orland Park, Illinois. It fits well with Tudor, Chateau, and Gothic style homes. This roofing material is fireproof, has a low absorption rate (meaning it’s not affected by heavy rainfall), and can withstand damage caused by the harsh winters in Orland Park. Plus, it’s also considered to be an eco-friendly option because it can last for approximately 200 years.
- Cedar Roofing – Cedar is one of the toughest woods, which makes this material extremely durable when used for roofing purposes. This type of roofing system is commonly paired with colonial and historical-style homes. Its unique appearance often appeals to people that have an eccentric taste.
Location Is a Key Factor
As mentioned above, all roofing materials have unique advantages that cater to your home’s needs. However, when deciding on the right material for your home, you’ll want to consider the climate conditions in your area, as this is one of the main factors that can impact your roof’s lifespan. If you would like to speak with a professional before making the choice, your local Orland Park roof replacement company will be happy to help.
Looking for the Top-Rated Roof Replacement Company in Orland Park, Illinois?
Have you decided on the right roofing material for your home? Looking to partner with the top-rated roof replacement company in Orland Park, Illinois? If so, look no farther than the professionals at Prusak Roofing. Contact us today at (708) 422-2624 to request a free estimate.